ANTIETAM NATIONIAL BATTLEFIELD AREA - SMALL TOWN LOCATION - HISTORIC HOME - OFF MAIN STREET. Two former Mayors of Keedysville have occupied this solid brick residence. 4.0 Private Acres within the Town of Keedysville. Little Antietam Creek waterfront. Private and secluded small farm located off Main St. This Victorian residence has its original architectural detail work in place. Classic center-hall floor plan features a traditional 19th c. walnut staircase + customized wood flooring. Sited upon a rise high above the creek, the home enjoys southern-exposure. Vintage single-pane bay windows accented by interior fold-in shutters. Hand-crafted marble belt course is over the limestone foundation. Lower level walnut paneled rec room. HISTORY. During the Battle of Antietam, John J. Keedy farm was on and near General McClellan's Headquarters Company at Keedysville. - Pre-Civil War bank barn c. 1850. SPECIAL FEATURES: (1) ideal home-office featuring Comcast cable & Verizon phone lines, parking (2) bank barn & outbuildings for use by a hobbyist, artist, craftsperson, antique buff (3) slate & stone patios for outdoor dining off the country kitchen porch (4) public water, public sewer, & cable TV. (4) Tree farm located across the main entrance drive . (5) Separate deed conveys the continuously-flowing large spring and valuable spring house foundation (6) B&B posssiblr conversion , subject to Town approval. (7) Two Mayors have occupied the home: Christian Keedy and Charles Taylor. BIRD SANCTUARY, LANDSCAPING & GROUNDS. Twin stone patios 36' x 24' & 22' & 45'. Informal terraces, perennials; original & more recent stone walls, vintage brick walk ways; variety of gardens; winding private entrance lane, ample parking. Walled-in 19th c. natural spring overflow stream supports fresh watercress. Birds galore within creek valley ecosystem. Farmer mows fields. NOTE: Sale of listing is subject to recordation of plat. More land available for a total of 7.7 acres. Please no drive-bys.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Victorian
1 Full/1 Half
Hot Water Heater, Electric Water Heater, LP Gas Wa
4,374 sq. ft
Washington County Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Hookups in Basement
- Country Kitchen, Eat-In Kitchen
- Dishwasher, Refrigerator, Electric Range/Cooktop, Washer
- Electric Heating, Oil, Other, Steam, Hot Water. Radiant, Radiators, Wall Unit, Other, Space Heater.
- Partial, Heated, Entrance Outside, Poured
- Bay Window(s), Screened, Storm Window, Wood Frame
- Main Level Entry, Grab Bars.
- Additional Interior Features
- Attic Storage, Cedar Closet, Chair Rail, Walk-in Closets, Wood Floors, Multiple Phone Lines, 9Ft+ Ceilings
Exterior / Lot Features
- Patio, Porch, Enclosed
- Lot View
- Water, Scenic
- Body of Water
- Little Antietam Creek
- Partial, Wire
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Water Front, Exterior Lighting, Out Building, Flood Lights, Landscaped, Fishing. Cleared, Flood Plain, Landscaping, Premium, Private, Secluded, Stream/Creek, Subdivision Possible, Unrestricted.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price